Friday, November 28, 2014

Daring Greatly By Brene Brown

Daring Greatly is quite simply one of the best books I have read not just about vulnerability but about authentic, genuine living (Having said that, I can't discount her previous book, The Gifts of Imperfection all about wholehearted living but that's a different book review). As a manager of multiple employees, Daring Greatly reminds me that I must be the catalyst for open, honest discussion, capable of admitting my mistakes but also allowing room for others to honest and vulnerable themselves. This is the kind of book that can transform who you are. The book reads in a way that you can just plow through and ingest morsels of great thinking and pieces of the call to action but after having taken that approach, I personally want to revisit the text as a long term study, breaking the chapters down into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment